Friday, April 17, 2009

TORNADO ALLEY

Top left photo...looked odd to me. Top right...where's National Geographic??













Where I said.."Oh crap it's spinning."










Had to adjust the lighting here...photo was dark on camera...contrast picks up the funnel really well here. Passing just to the north of my house...approximately 100 to 200 yds.














This past week we've received a blessing from God in the form of much needed rain. What I didn't expect however was to look off my front porch and see a tornado forming less than a quarter mile away and coming towards our neighborhood. Well...it wasn't a tornado...yet. It was however a funnel/rotating wall cloud that later dropped a quarter mile wide tornado just approximately 30 minutes later to the northeast and about 10-15 miles. I've attached the photos in progression from essentially birth to "adolescent" as it passed just to my north approximately 200 yards away. Way cool. Wish Will had been here...we'd have had to administer oxygen to him when it was all said and done.

No comments: