Saturday, August 23, 2008

Moving Day

Well..today's the day that parents dread the most...the moving off to college. Well, Nick's been in the dorms now for a week since he's a resident assistant or "rezidentura" in Russian lingo....all mine in college seemed to have heralded from the Soviet Bloc of yesteryear. They were strict...you couldn't breathe without permission...no funny business...etc.

As for the moving off part..Rosie's actually handled that well..it's the two kids who say "Where's my Nick? Nick? Where Nick?" Of course Sierra is getting Nick's old bedroom...boy is she excited. She came in tonight and said "Daddy..hold my hand...let's go to my room." It was as casual as saying "Step into my office Mr. Hurt." She's also glad because as she puts it "Stevie wone bahvuh me anymore (Stevie won't bother me anymore).

We've been dismantling the waterbed with the help of my brother-in-law Chon...that's a trick in and of itself...and vacuuming the floors and basically chunking anything left behind.

Well, that's all for now...I put two bookcases together for use in the den and living room...and I still don't have enough space...guess that means I have to get rid of some of stuff as well.
Who'd have thought that one can accumulate so much stuff in just a short time? Just not going to throw away ANY of my Star Wars DVDs, VHS tapes, or Star Wars books. May be worth something in about 400 years.

No comments: