Monday, August 18, 2008

Open Letter - Words of Advice

Josh and Lauren...
My family wishes to express our deepest and heartfelt JOY AND LOVE for the arrival of Joshua Clayton!!! Woohoo. But there are however some words of advice that I would like to pass down (as the elders are wont to do in the olden times...yes Josh I did call myself an elder..I am older than you remember?)

Rule 1...when changing the diaper...as in karate..never allow your opponent (in this case your son) an opening in which he can attack you. This primarily pertains to changing his diapers. Steven knew better...Sierra on the other hand was a different story. Let's just say sneezing and liquidated assets don't mix...or miss for that matter.

Rule 2...when burping...don't get too close...don't wear your good clothes...and never assume that the first burp was the "good" one. The ones which come from the toenails are the worst...not to mention the messiest.

Rule 3...don't do what I did and mistakenly tell Dad that "Boy I can't wait to get home from the hospital and get some rest...." It ain't gonna happen...not until Joshua Clayton's at least 25..maybe 30 years old.

And finally, Rule 4...introduce him to the color Orange early on. Believe me, he'll thank you for it.

Love you both...well...all three of you...and Congratulations!!!!

No comments: